1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Just another jazz. And its road worn too.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassmanM, Dec 1, 2018.

1. BassmanM

BassmanM

Feb 17, 2011
    Hamburg, Germany
    About two or three weeks ago, I went to a local music store to check out a Sandberg Ken Taylor 5-string active bass I had been sneaking around for a while, with the intention to buy it, if it "spoke" to me. It did not, although there was nothing bad to say about it.

I then plugged in the (used) bass shown on the pics below and ended up buying it. I do not "need" another jazz bass, as I own an incredibly nice 5-string Maruszczyk Elwood, which also happens to have my now preferred 32 inch scale.

Apart from obviously shaving the back of the neck, the previous owner installed Di Marzio model J pickups. They have a lot more low end than you would expect from a jazz, giving it a "I wanna be a p bass" tone, which I like a lot. I am very tempted to put flats on it in the future.

Yes, it is from Fender's "Road Worn" series, which I don't mind, but was also not looking for. A few fret ends have been taken care of, the initial grounding issue the bass had too. Everything that can be shielded in a jazz is now shielded.

Not sure whether I will keep it forever, but imho this is certainly one of the "good" jazzes out there. Built like a tank in Mexico in 2015, so it has a rosewood board (no pau ferro).

The only thing that could have prevented me from buying it would have been a sunburst finish. ;)

Here are the pics.

2018-12-01 13.00.28.

20181201_125036.

20181201_125226.

20181201_125147.

20181201_124918.

2018-12-01 13.01.15.

2. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Very cool, Congrats!! I love mine!

BassmanM likes this.
  3. How did I miss this? That's sexy man, enjoy! I love the fiesta red ones too...the burst' ones, not so much. But that one there :thumbsup:

BassmanM likes this.
  4. Love the color!

BnB

BassmanM likes this.