NBD Pink with a story

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jaco944, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jaco944

jaco944 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2005
    I'll start by saying I dig the roadworn thing. I was wanting the Flea Jazz but thought the price point was a little high. One popped up on Craigslist wanting to trade for another Jazz. The only Jazz I wanted to trade was my '07 Deluxe Active Jazz Mx in antique white...good player but not particularly special or worth much. I call the guy turns out he's pretty young and a massive Flea fan.......but hates the pink and the neck. I asked him why he bought it. Says he really really likes Flea and thought he could get over the color and just doesn't like the neck. Long story short picked this up for my 07 Jazz and a little cash. The set up was total crap, fixed that and put some Ernie Ball Cobalt Flats on it. It is a pretend beat to hell, noisy but awesome bass....almost 9lbs and a player. They all look the same but heres a pic.

FullSizeRender.jpg
    PS I thought it was probably stolen and voiced my concerns about a fairly upside down trade. He showed me a receipt/id.

funkymonk13 and Tbone76 like this.
  2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    What's the twist?

3. jaco944

Apr 13, 2005
    That the kid bought the bass knowing what it was but hated the color. I suppose the twist is more the story than the actual bass.

4. jaco944

Apr 13, 2005
    I'm gonna change the title so its not click bait lol.

5. Rockonjp76

Rockonjp76

Aug 8, 2016
    716, NY
    I just picked up one of these off the evilbay for a killer price, put on some EB slinky flats. Killer bass, congrats!

lowdownthump likes this.
  6. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Gold Supporting Member

congrats on your new instrument! hope it plays for you! :thumbsup: