1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Schecter USA Custom Shop

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Apr 27, 2019.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

For about the last 20 years, Schecter Guitar Research has pretty much been defined by their import Diamond Series. However, they've always maintained a Custom Shop in the LA area. Schecter has 2 USA series,USA production line from CNC carving and a Master Works line of totally one off custom instruments cut by pin router by one luthier. Masterworks

Specs: Model T

Semi Hollow mahogany body
    Candy apple metallic greenburst
    Maple/ebony neck with matching headstock
    Schecter Monster Tone (Michael Anthony) PJ set
    High mass bridge
    Schecter machine heads
    2 pickguards, black/white/black and vintage pearl

Order to delivery 6 months on the dot.

It ships on Monday I should have it by Wednesday. I'll report back on it tonally when I have it.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    sludgetail, wraub, Marikk and 21 others like this.
  2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Damned fine looking bass!
    If it sounds as good as it looks, you're set.

MAJOR METAL likes this.
  3. MAJOR METAL

Here's a pic of the matching headstock while the paint was curing, it's the last pic in the set:

fretno likes this.
  4. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    Very cool! Schecter makes some gorgeous guitars, didn't realize they had a custom shop.

DiscoRiceJ and MAJOR METAL like this.
  5. cardinal

cardinal

Jan 13, 2016
    Congrats! I just received a custom ordered guitar from them. It was absolutely perfect. I’m sure you’ll love the bass!

MAJOR METAL likes this.
  6. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    What a stunning instrument ! The depth on that green is mouthwatering. Oh man. I say black p/g . I have a ‘96 s series. It originally had a DiMarzio split. Not monster tone. I swapped later and had it refined in LPB by Pat Wilkins as the s’s were oil finish. It has the most amazing and perfect neck. Congrats on that beauty!

MAJOR METAL likes this.
  7. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Mike Lull Basses, 64 Audio IEM
    That is dope. I have a 2015 USA CS Schecter Jazz coming tomorrow that I picked up for a song. Their work looks amazing and I’m sure their CS stuff can hang with anyone. Congrats on the bass. PJs rule!

8. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    ok whos gonna tell the Schecter story for everyone . Drop the names , peoples and places . Back at 'ole M.I. they used to nearly give them away to the students hanging out . Long History and one of SoCals finest
    [​IMG]

Spidey2112 likes this.
  9. MAJOR METAL

That makes sense as the owner of the Musicians Institute is also the owner of Schecter.

Here's the Schecter story: About

wraub and fretno like this.
  10. MAJOR METAL

Very cool, will your Jazz have the Monster Tone or Pasadena pickups? Make sure you start a thread to tell us about your new bass, congrats!

fretno likes this.
  11. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    No mention of Pat Wilkins or Tom Anderson that "about" is a wee shy of some important history . Pat was last I spoke with him still doing some finishes for the CS .

12. Schecter must surely be one of the most maligned brands in the guitar world. When I first started playing, nu metal as all the rage and Schecter completely positioned their business around this. I took them to be almost entirely focused on appealing to the rock and metal crowd and their catalogue offering reflected that.

It wasn't until I got to know a bit more about the company that I discovered their roots as a serious builder/modder on the busy scene in California through the late 70's and 80's. Their back catalogues reveal a history of really interesting models and their takes on many varying 'traditional' guitar archetypes outside of the rock and metal guitars they focused on post 2000.

hereandgone18 and MAJOR METAL like this.
  13. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Mike Lull Basses, 64 Audio IEM
    Pasadena. Just got it and plunked around a bit on it. So far so good..like reeeeeaallly good.

fretno and MAJOR METAL like this.
  14. MAJOR METAL

So I've had some time with it in my hands, and dudes, mahogany and ebony go together like peanut butter and jelly! Combined with the semi hollow design this bass has enormously rich tones with clear cutting highs and a deep bottom end!

The Schecter Custom Shop is beagle approved!

wraub, GHOST AT, Indiana Mike and 7 others like this.
  15. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Wanna see a Schecter from 1978? KINDLE_CAMERA_1443613164000.jpg
    Ok...I added the Warmouth neck, Lane Poor Pups, & a Smith Bridge.
    The body is teak, the pickguard is anodized black.

ajkula66, Yogi Bear and Adam Wright like this.
  16. MAJOR METAL

Very cool, it's great seeing Schecter USA instruments!

17. 19sixty3

19sixty3

Mar 13, 2019
    Berlin, Germany
    One word: 100% full on awesome.

hereandgone18 and MAJOR METAL like this.
  18. MAJOR METAL

Merci! This bass sounds enormous! :bassist:

Indiana Mike and 19sixty3 like this.
  19. hereandgone18

hereandgone18

Apr 28, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Amen to that. I had the exact same impression of them, and then randomly tried out a Riot 4 Session... it left the store with me that afternoon, and has been played every day since. That instrument punches way above its class.

OP, I bet your new bass is a beast. And both black pickguard and the beagle enhance its looks... Enjoy!

MAJOR METAL and 19sixty3 like this.
  20. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    Beauty!!! Do you have any more full body shots?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021