1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! Squier Content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Turtle71, Mar 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Turtle71

Turtle71

Aug 11, 2009
    Madison, WI
    Look at what the FedEx driver dropped off today!! :hyper:

I've been looking at these Squier Vintage Modified Precision V's for quite a while, but with my originals band now starting to write tunes that require a low B, it kinda moved me from looking, to buying.

As has been mentioned many times in other threads, the quality of these Squiers has really come a long way, right out of the box the neck is straight, the fret ends are excellent, the action is low & quiet, the intonation was nearly spot on, the "B" is strong & clear, there are no obvious "dead spots" on the neck, and the pickups bark with authority, it's a great example of a P-bass regardless what's on the headstock. :bassist:

Is this bass as good as my American Standard? No, but is it an outstanding value @ $350? Without a doubt.

If I had only ONE nit pick, is that I'm not a big fan of clear gloss on the back of the neck :meh:, so I'll probably knock that down a little with some steel wool.

The only changes I intend to make are putting on some Chromes, and I'd like to change the pickguard to a 3-ply black...any help on where to find that, would be most appreciated! :help:

On a side note, I have to give a BIG shout out to Sweetwater, they packed this thing to survive the apocalypse...and their customer service (Stewart) was outstanding.

Not to mention it was 19 hours from ordering to doorstep....friggen crazy fast. :D

OK...Pics! (Sorry, my pics are a far cry from "Glamour Shots" LOL)

20160301_190746_zpsiivrq3ka.

And, here she is with her sisters.

20160301_190824_zpsprlqyowy.

2. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Awesome... I have the same thing in white, and I'm totally happy with it.

Congrats! :thumbsup:

Turtle71 likes this.
  3. bass32

bass32

Jan 30, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Congrats on your new bass. Squier has upped their quality in recent years, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    I own the Am Stnd version of your new bass and I added a white pearl pg and I get compliments on it's looks. Just thought I would throw that out there as another option.

Precision%20in%20case%20tb_zps1yjobint.
    Precision_zpsnxezc2zj.

Turtle71 likes this.
  4. pudgychef

pudgychef In Memoriam

Jan 22, 2005
    Chongqing, China
    Congrats! Great bass and killer value

5. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    P5's are my favorite basses. That one would look great with a black pick guard .
    Makes a nice addition to your collection.

Turtle71 likes this.