1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pappabass, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Well, new to me....like a lot of us we make the circle of basses. Start with a Fender P then end up with a P. I am back to a Fender P, but I forgot how much I miss a active preamp. I have a LTD 5 string and have loved it. So, saw this one at guitar center. LTD D-4. Really a cool bass. Neck thru. Guitar center said it was 'great' but it is more like 'good'. I did call the store before I bought it. Back to the guitar, its very well made, finished frets, very nice lamination. I have seen $1000 + neck thrus not look this good. Has that clean ESP sound. 20181027_101643.

Attached Files:

metron, pbass74, Mili and 24 others like this.
  2. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    Nice bass, congrats :thumbsup:

3. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    Started with a P and haven't been back (as a main player).

I love that LTD quality at their price point. Very hard to beat.

pappabass likes this.
  4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

great looking ax! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

5. One of the bassists from my church plays one of these. Looks good and sounds good. :thumbsup:

6. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I have a sneaking suspicion that it may actually be good, then, too! ;) Nice looking bass, OP.

pappabass likes this.
  7. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    Looks very classy, congrats on your purchase. :thumbsup:

pappabass likes this.
  8. I still have my mim P! Black on black! It will share playing time with the LTD.

9. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Aw, nothing like an active 5 bass.
    Enjoy.

pappabass likes this.
  10. jamro217

jamro217 Supporting Member

Yay!!!

11. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Nice!

Btw, as someone who's never dabbled, could you describe the "ESP sound" please?

pappabass likes this.
  12. Nice Bass!

pappabass likes this.
  13. Clean crisp humbucker sound. I have a MIM P bass with EMGs, sounds good but it has the usual little muddy/muffled/plain sound. The LTD has more kick on the bottom and a little punch on the highs. My LTD 5 string is the older Korean made with the EMGs. This one is a later model with the ESP designed pickups.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018