NCD - Theater Speaker Cab Giveaway

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by neckdive, Jul 15, 2017.

1. neckdive

neckdive

Oct 11, 2013
    So this was a bit unexpected but I was in the right place at the right time. An IMAX theater in my area is undergoing a new renovation and installing a completely new sound system. So I got this part of the old system for free.

This is one of 8 of these type of custom built cabinets (the theater also had 8 other large cabinets loaded with just 18's). This one is loaded with two 10" and two 18" 8 ohm JBL Pro Series from the late 80's.

I plan to hook up the two 10s on the top to a stereo to play along with and wire up the two 18s to an amp (I have an SVT III that I'm going to use). I also got a couple of extra 8 ohm 18" black widows that I could build a cab around at some point in the future.

This fully insulated cabinet, with the side hinged wings, weighs about 400 lbs and made of true 1" MDF. It's also hard to believe these cabinets were actually hanging by wire behind the screen.

IMG_0874.JPG

S-Bigbottom, kobass and CatSquare like this.
  2. CatSquare

CatSquare

Mar 7, 2014
    Wow!
    Can I come over to play?

3. Marko 1

Marko 1 Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    OUCH... :D

4. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    Eat your Wheaties!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021