1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD NEAL MOSER Custom Precision (PJ) 4-String - Solid Quilted Maple Body, Birdseye Neck!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtlee, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    This is a rare Neal Moser handmade P-Bass. For those who don't know who Neal Moser is, here you go: http://www.nealmoser.com/indexnav2b.htm. This custom bass is made with a solid slab of figured maple! No veneer/top, just one hunk of sweet quilted maple with a fantastic cherry sunburst finish. Birdseye maple neck, ebony fingerboard, Seymour Duncan APJ-1 active pickups with dip switches, Hipshot D-Tuner, etc.

The bass is in used but good condition - just a bunch of clearcoat dimples and a few wear spots by the output jack (both are pictured below). The back of the neck is smooth, the frets are in excellent condition and the bass is setup with low action - plays great. The little brown line on the headstock is just grain - I looked it over because I thought it was a repaired crack but it's smooth. Either it was glued prior to finishing or it's just grain.

This bass gives you really beefy, modern P and J-Bass tones. The dip switches are really fun to play with; here is info on them from SD: The little rocker switches on the Active EQ pickups change the sound. Switch #1 shifts the coil resonance. On a Jazz Bass® neck pickup and a P Bass® pickup, the resonance moves downward from 22 KHz to 6.4 KHz. On a Jazz Bass bridge pickup, it move downwards from 17 KHz to 4.9 KHz. The effect is to give a more focused sound with a harder attack. Switch #2 gives a broad band bass boost of 4 dB for the Jazz Bass neck and P Bass pickups, and 5 dB for the Jazz Bass bridge. The switches can be a very effective tool for changing the tonal "character" of your instrument. "

Selling for $600 shipped in the US with a gig bag. International shipping is no problem, just PM me for a quote.

Specs:
    Body: Solid AAA quilted maple
    Neck: Birdseye maple (satin finish)
    Fingerboard: Ebony
    Pickup: Seymour Duncan APJ-1 Active
    Preamp: None (V/V/T passive)
    Bridge: Black
    Tuners: Hipshot Black w/D-Tuner
    Weight: 10.6 lbs
    Finish: Cherry sunburst

Moserbody1.

Moserbody2.

Moserback1.

Moserback2.

MoserHS1.

MoserHS2.

Moserneck.

Moserwear1.

Moserwear2.

2. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

That's an interesting bass. Being a B.C. Rich player myself, I certainly know who Neal Moser is. Nice gentleman when I spoke to him on the phone.
    I am wondering, Do you know what year this bass was made?

3. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I have absolutely no idea - I'm assuming it's a pretty early one though as there's nothing like it on Neal's gallery pages. I just picked it up recently and I'm just not a P-Bass kinda guy. I love the sound of this thing (especially recorded), but the neck is bit chunky for me (I like thin J-Bass necks).

4. I used to have an ESP with the same pups, sounded great! Never seen them before until now... free bump!

5. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Going for dirt cheap on eBay right now...only a few hours left.

6. theweldinggod

theweldinggod

Feb 25, 2012
    It sounds sweet. I don't see anything from Moser that looks even close to this bass. Its very well made and plays fantastic. how would I find out if its the real deal?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.