1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

neck crack how bad

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bass rocks, May 29, 2011.

1. bass rocks

bass rocks

Nov 15, 2010
  2. Hi.

Judging by the (less than stellar) pic alone, I'd say not bad at all.

For me it'd be the normal -20% to -30% price reduction from the average price that those basses go for.

As for posting pics, You host them on a dedicated site, and copy the tag.

Do not hotlink them from sites as most will change the pic an if the changed pic is something inappropriate, you'll get a slap on the wrist. A clickable link like the one You provided is usually OK.

Regards
    Sam

3. bass rocks

bass rocks

Nov 15, 2010
    thanks

4. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

Jul 2, 2007
    Colorado
    It looks like the headstock was knocked off. Why not just buy a used one for less of a price?

5. bass rocks

bass rocks

Nov 15, 2010
    looks like you read my post in a hurry

6. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

Jul 2, 2007
    Colorado
    no, I didn't. I posted what it looked like to me. If it's from the site, it's 479. Still more then half of retail new.

7. bass rocks

bass rocks

Nov 15, 2010
    :eek:yeah why would i pick this.there are thousands of used warwicks right where i live:eyebrow: and clearly the headstock has not been broken off or it would not be condition 3

8. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Looks to me like a complete break, with some kind of filler used to replace missing wood - or more likely the finish was just lost in that area. Either way, not a bass I'd pursue.

That's the kind of break that a pro with the right tools and glue could deal with pretty well...and an amateur could mess up royally. The angle of that break requires a professional repair to avoid wood movement later. Lacking evidence that professional work was done, I'd stay away. The missing finish indicates to me that no pro was involved, or the neck would have been refinished in that area.

9. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Definite pass.

10. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Diff pass, condition 3 is about as close to "as is, needs work" as you can get. I doubt it even comes with a mfg warranty.