1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

neck inlay decals?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Buzter, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Buzter

Buzter

Oct 23, 2009
    Anybody use these? Do they stay and not peel? I would be concerned about heat make them peel.

2. Anybody ever use the search function? There was a thread about this same thing just yesterday. Quick tip. Google search what you want and put talkbass at the end. Easier search then the forums.

3. autodidact

autodidact

Mar 13, 2011
    Lancaster, PA
    The what? ;)

4. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Google tip of the day: start your search string with "site:talkbass.com" (without the quotes). Same result as above with more accuracy.

5. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    Ive used them , they work well. They are very thin. Some look better than others.

6. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    +1

7. Buzter

Buzter

Oct 23, 2009
    I did a search s.a.

8. Tracebassplayer

Tracebassplayer Sometimes Darkness Can Show You The Light.

Dec 15, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Custom Designs on eBay makes very good decals. 19.99
    Two types Dot Buster and NON-dotbuster. one slid at the 12 or 2 dots at the 12th.
    I have set on my SPECTOR NS2J with the one piece at the 12th and they look identical to the higher end necks with real MOP Crown Inlays from SPECTOR.

The decals are on the NS2J on the left and the Ian Hill sig model Euro4 LX on the right has real inlays... pic is pretty bright but you get the idea.
    a79b0292.

9. Buzter

Buzter

Oct 23, 2009
    Thanks TBP. Looks great.

10. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! In Memoriam

11. SwagAttack

SwagAttack

Sep 14, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    I have seen these many times on the bay, and thought they looked awesome, but never thought they would last. This may have changed my mind...

12. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    I haven’t bothered yet, but my goal would be to eliminate any fretboard dots or inlays… the neck just looks so clean without them.

I only use the dots on the edge of the neck for reference.