1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Neck

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by 5am3, Sep 21, 2010.

1. 5am3

5am3

Jan 13, 2010
    In a cupboard.
    I did a search but I couldn't find anything and I assumed that this was the right forum to ask this question.

I was wondering. Can you buy just necks on their own? I have a P-bass copy and the neck is just way too heavy and I want to replace anyway for a better feeling one just while I save up for a whole new better bass :)

2. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Sure.. you can buy just a neck
    Warmoth
    Allparts
    Mighty Mite

These are just a few of the well known companies that sell necks (and all other guitar / bass parts)

Check ebay - lots of necks there too

3. 5am3

5am3

Jan 13, 2010
    In a cupboard.
    Do they come with stock tuners or would I have to get those seperately?

4. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    You would have to buy them seperate.

5. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Sometimes on ebay there will be necks & tuners together

6. Rocky McD

Rocky McD

Jun 28, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Builder,mcdcustomguitars
    Have you seen the websites for Warmoth, All Parts, Mighty Mite or Stewart McDonald. You can buy necks in any stage of finish and in different styles. You need to carefully measure your neck pocket on the body for all dememsions, it may need modification to fit a new neck. Normally, the neck is the most expensive part of the guitar.
    Rocky

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021