Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need a BOSS GT-6B power supply.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Iccy, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Iccy

Iccy

Feb 22, 2006
    I need to get a new power supply for my BOSS GT-6B. Can i just pick a clone up at Radio Shack or do i need to actualy contact boss. If i do have to call them, any idea how, i cant find their info on their site.

Thnx.

2. Brocko777

Brocko777

Jan 1, 2006
    The manual says that everything you use from an expression pedal to patch/connection cords should be made by Roland. (Of course they want to sell you all the supplies through them). It doesn't say anything about the power supply, just make sure that it is the exact voltage(AC 14 V), milliamps(800mA) different transformers have different power supplies, some are DC rated differently with the mA converters. If you are only saving a couple of bucks I would buy from ROland. Why fry your system for saving $10? Ya know? just do a search for the power supply You'll find most online stores carry it.... average $32. I have a Radio Shack supply for my MR8 (bought it used) but the rating matches up. I am no means an electrical guru. Search for more info on it if you are un-sure. Buy the new one and be worry free for the rest of its years.
    Peace, Brocko

3. Iccy

Iccy

Feb 22, 2006
    thnx

4. barthanatos

barthanatos Insert witty comment here

Feb 8, 2006
    South Carolina
    You should also check whether the center of the plug is supposed to be positive or negative.

+1

5. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    Matching voltages is very important, matching current ratings is only important if you are using a supply rated for less than the recommended supply. If your device says "14v @ 600mA", it needs good regulation at up to 600mA. On the supply, that 600mA rating is the maximum current draw where the supply will still deliver a well regulated volatge. You could use a supply rated at 2000 mA (2 amps) and it wouldn't make any difference. The device decides the current draw, not the power supply. If you used a 200 or 300mA supply on a device drawing 600mA there is a good chance that the voltage regulation would be poor, or you could burn out the supply.

6. D-ROCK5972

D-ROCK5972

Mar 4, 2008
    Musicians Friend carries replacement power supply for the GT-6B for $40.