1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need a little help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jwrestler, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Jwrestler

Jwrestler

Oct 25, 2006
    Mass
    I currently use a Hartke 3500 rack head and a GK 4x10 Cab. A few nights ago i played a gig outdoors. I would say it was pretty chilly out. It worked fine that night. Today i had practice and there was something fishy about the hartke. Usually when we practice the volume level is at 2-3. But when it was used today i could bearley hear it myself at that level, i put the level up to 9 or so and it was somewhat loud, but not what it ussally pumps out for power. Any ideas about what could be wrong? I have a gig on friday, and i hope i can get it working right by then. Thanks in advance!

Joe

2. Jwrestler

Jwrestler

Oct 25, 2006
    Mass
    Anyone?

3. Does your bass have active electronics? When the battery gets weak in the bass it will reduce the output level and sometimes cause a weak distorted sound. I would check the back of the amp and make sure there is not a speaker impedance switch in the wrong direction.