1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NEED ADVICE ON PURCHASE

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CactusBass, Oct 4, 2009.

1. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Ive been looking at many basses for quite a while...I finally found a REALLY good deal on this warwick..my concern is I have never seen a finish like this and it occured to me that perhaps it just wasnt waxed or taken care of...Its a sweet bass, but will i be able to make it look decent again? Or is this a factory finish (doubt it).
    Thanks for any advice..Its a corvette $$

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...f&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=f_g0ddim0v0&zw

Im looking at 500$ for this bass..again i know its an awesome buy, just want to get second opinions..

2. Did you try to link to a picture in your email? It doesn't work like that...upload it to Photobucket.com or Imageshack.com. (I recommend photobucket)

Also, even if you have to refinish the thing, you could still save money with this...that's an awesome deal.

3. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    up for advice..

4. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    From what I can tell in that small picture, that is just a grainy piece of ash in a natural finish - nothing wrong with it. $$ basses have a swamp ash body and that is a factory finish. It might need some wax and maybe a lemon oil scrubdown, but nothing an hour and some household products couldn't take care of. A more detailed picture may tell a slightly different story, but as best I can tell there's nothing wrong with that finish and that's a killer piece of ash :)

5. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    im excited..now to find 500$ hehe

6. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    Bump for excitment/other opinions..
    hes also throwing in a little 20w orange combo amp...pretty sweet!

7. the general

the general

Jul 8, 2008
    looks good if i had the money i'd buy one.
    i'd do that too. i've read quite a few comments on the need to protect that warwick finish so do so and enjoy that killer deal.

8. humpy thumb

humpy thumb

Jul 23, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Warwick bass forum moderator.
    All it's needs is some tlc.
    I've restored natural oil finished Warwicks in alot worse shape than that with nothing more than a scotchbrite pad,some lemon oil & Warwick wax.

9. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    ill be back to get oiling/waxing tips
    will post picks hopefully later this week when i get it

10. CactusBass

CactusBass

Aug 2, 2009
    BUmp for the excitment..pending a financial thing, the bass will be mine tomorrow night..wish me luck!! Will post picks when i get home.