Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need advice on restoring bass

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by John Deppel, Jan 31, 2004.

1. OK...I tried a search for this, and every time I ended up with WAY too many results to go through, so if this question has already been asked, please point me to a related thread...

Just got my old Jazz Bass Copy bass from my parents, which has been in storage for about two or three years. Since it was my first bass, it is in rather sad shape, several "battle scars" all over the body. I would like to "restore" this bass, as I really like the way it plays. I would just like some pointers on how to completely refinish the body. It's currently a black bass w/ a black pickguard. I would like to get it blue w/ a white pearloid pickguard. Thanks for any help!

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    http://www.reranch.com

They have a ton of refinishing supplies, how-to articles and a forum to boot. Great resource IMO

-robert

3. Thanks for the link...I think I found everything I need to get this project started...Of course...I am having my drummer help me...could be a bad thing...