1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need advice! ~Warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NoMercy, Oct 15, 2006.

1. NoMercy

NoMercy

Oct 14, 2006
    Sweden
    I'm saving up for a new bass and a while ago I saw this Warwick Rockbass at a musicstore for about 600$ and It looked really cool and I've heard that they are OK but I'd like your advice.

Will I be disappointed if I buy it (And if so, any suggestions about other basses around that price range?) or is it a good bass? I can't really find any decent reviews of it anywhere...

Anyways, i would be thankful for some help!

2. Kubs

Kubs

Jul 26, 2006
    Prague
    At first rockbass in my opinion has only the same shape with original warwick but another features are to much different.
    Body wood
    Neck wood,construction
    BRIDGE!!!!!

but electornics are on more expesive models MEC...
    so conlusion?
    Buy RCKBS if you want decent bass if you want REAL Warwick you must save more money or get used. But my advice is save money or get used, Warwicks are unmatched

3. Rockbass guitars are by no means garbage. I think they are representitive of most bass guitars around the $500 range. Nothing bad, but nothing to outstanding when compared to the average Korean $500 bass.

You asked for suggestions so here are mine. If you want a Warwick, Corvettes sell here on TB alot for just a bit more than you've saved up. Guitar Center has them repetedly around here for about 800, just coax them into doing a set up on it before it leaves.

I talked about $500 range basses that stand out. I really like the bubinga bodied Spectors. Put together really well, and the body is nice enough that it would be worth upgrading if you want more. I own a Conklin GT4, so take it with a grain of salt, but I love the thing. Most incredibly stable neck I've found outside of graphite. Schector Customs look and feel really nice, and they sound good. Of the one's I've listed, the Schector probably feels the nicest, and the Spector sounds the best. If you want nice feel and nice sound, the GT4 is great.

4. I know that for the money there are some really good models out there, and i would say that there are some better models out there then the Rockbass, but if you gotta have the Warwick sound and look, then saving up that extra bit for a real Warwick would be much worth it IMO.

5. I have a Warwick Rockbass Vampyre-5 which I just love. The thing is fantastic with a great feel. As far as tone goes, it is really heavy on the bass end and a little lacking on the high end, but of course you can compensate for that on your amp. Fantastic black finish on this thing and a big chunky bridge. I'd highly recommend one of these but I have not tried the other Rockbass models.

6. DONT BUY A ROCKBASS! not that they are bad but for the same money or a little more you can get a real warwick used and have that gorgeous wenge neck and the brass frets, nice woods e.t.c
    that is all!