Need help- Ampeg SVT-410HE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pikameta, Mar 7, 2006.

1. pikameta

Mar 7, 2006
    Hello... my husband is the bassist, not me. He is out of town and our youngest found the amp and messed with it. It is an Ampeg SVT-410HE and he messed with the "level control" ... I don't want anything to be broken when my husband comes home. Do I need to be concerned that our kid fiddled with this? What does it do?

I'm very worried something is going to explode when we'rre sleeping or something. Hubby doesn't come home until Friday... and yes I'm planning on telling him what happened, but what do I do in the meantime?

thanks for reading, even if you tell me I'm an idiot to be worried.

2. If this is the level control at the back of the SVT410HE it controls the tweeter (sp?). The tweeter is a small speaker that produces high frequencies. I can't see how any damage could be caused by changing the level. If you are talking about a level control on an amp that is on top of the SVT410HE it could control the level of signal send to a mixing desk. Either way no damage could be done while the amp was turned off. Just make sure you tell your husband before he uses it again.
  3. you have nothing to worry about, ur husbund will know what to do when he gets home, there is no damage, and no chance of it exploding unless you drench it in gasoline and light a match, no worries
  4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I don't think that you have anything to worry about...most of us behave like little kids most of the time and our gear continues to work.

Do watch the little ones though. I suspect that a small child could choke on an amp's knob if they pulled one of them off and tried to swallow it.

Just tell your husband what happened...sounds like the little one misses Daddy!