1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need help figuring this thing out!?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fruitysquirts, Aug 20, 2012.

1. This was passed down from a friend. It belong to an older gentleman who just recently passed away. I have no way of getting any schematics.
    The guy was a big DIY kind of guy and made plenty of other pedals.

http://imgur.com/a/ZZhk2#0

This is a link to 6 pictures in an IMGUR album.

2. Is it a bypass looper with level controls?

3. Looks like some kind of bypass looper to me. I believe the switches are some kind of varitone/decade switch.

4. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Write "Talent Booster" on it in marker and sell it on Ebay for $250!

5. I'd say it's either a mixer or some strange build with multiple passive tone controls (unlikely).

I wouldn't have thought it was a bypass looper because... well, it doesn't have any footswitches. I'd try running my bass through it trying different jacks as inputs and outputs and when I got a signal, fiddle with the knobs and rotary switches.
    The jack(s) on the right are most likely inputs, you could try following wires from there to see where they go.

6. Thanks guys, I'll fool around with it soon enough. It looks like the two middle jacks are for rca cables. Like your typical left right, red and white jack