1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help finding a small combo...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skidrawk, Mar 8, 2010.

1. skidrawk

skidrawk

Jan 21, 2007
    Space City, TX
    The band I play in practices upstairs so portability is a must. I play 80's covers so built in FX/modeling would be appreciated (chorus, synth, octave) I play in a 6 piece band but we practice with electronic drums to keep the sound pressure levels down to conserve our hearing. I would like to have optimum headroom though. I currently run my 350W 2x10" rig @ 50%. I haven't looked at the market in awhile so I'm hoping some of you gearheads could steer me right. I will only be using this for practice purposes. My gig rig will remain the same.

edit: Forgot to add that our rehearsal PA is not sufficient to run bass through so keep that in mind. We only use PA for vocals, keys, elec. drums, and sometimes direct guitar. Going through the PA in my opinion would muddy the mix and cause players to turn up.

edit: Budget wise I'd like to keep it under $600.

Thanks in advance.

2. skidrawk

skidrawk

Jan 21, 2007
    Space City, TX
    Afternoon bump. I may have overestimated on the gearheadedness of this place...

<crickets>

3. skidrawk

skidrawk

Jan 21, 2007
    Space City, TX
    I think I'll go to my local store and try it out. I'll compare it to the LD 150 and other similar amps they have on the floor. Thanks!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020