1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help finding gear

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bassman7272, Nov 27, 2018.

1. John Deacon

100.0%
  2. Roger Waters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bassman7272

bassman7272

Nov 27, 2018
    Hi everybody. I want to find some good recording equipment and gear. I am a jazz musician but don't know my way around recording gear. Thanks in advance.

2. mexicanjesus

mexicanjesus

Nov 28, 2018
    OKC
    My brother and I don't have anything special but I'll let you know our setup

This is strictly for recording since our playing setup is different

Guitar----GNX 4-----computer with USB.
    It's really simple. The GNX has software for present and user add ins that are controlled on the computers second screen.

He records with audacity since it's easy. I use reaper. Select the input, hit record and get to it!!!

Attached Files:

3. ofajen

ofajen

Apr 12, 2007
    92.4W 38.9N
    Really, I have to advise that you lie down until the feeling goes away. It's for the best. :)

Otto

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Cownancy likes this.
  4. And I

And I Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
    what are your goals? what recording projects do you expect to work on? recording just yourself? recording a demo for a jazz combo? something else?

5. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    As a suggestion don't pay big money for your equipment right away. It can get expensive, but you need to work around with the budget equipment which will give you a great starting point. In return you will be surprised how good your recordings will be. Here is a site which will help you. He has a lot of free info that will help you.
    Recording Revolution — Learn How to Record and Mix Your Songs

JamesNC likes this.