1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEED HELP QUICKLY! Elec. Drum + Bass in 1 Keyboard amp?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Salamenster, May 24, 2012.

1. You guys gotta help me out. :help:

Tomorrow I have a hasty-planned practice at the drummer's. Now I don't have time and transport to bring my amp tomorrow.

Good thing is, the drummer uses a electrical drumkit, playing trough a (Behringer, I know, kinda sucky brand sometimes) keyboard amp.

Now, the question. Will the amp be able to withstand both his electrical drumming (in stereo) AND my (high-output) Epiphone EB-0 with flats?

Thanks for reading and of course for your help! :hyper:

2. Hactar

Hactar

Sep 25, 2011
    Boulder, CO
    Question: Which Behringer keyboard amp? I'll take a guess, a K900FX

At a somewhat high volume, I can't imagine the amp withstanding either the drumming or the bass, much less both together.

At low volumes, it ought to be fine, but with a lot of volume, you may find that cute voice coil flying across the basement floor with the speed of a bat on fire.

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I suppose phones aren't an option... It's rehearsal right ? No nee to knock the walls back. Just play within the amp's ability and learn what you are rehersing to learn. Music doesn't actually have to be loud for you to learn your parts or to be good for that matter... Crazy concept I know...

4. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Masks, people, masks!
    Song Surgeon slow downer.
    Uhhh....turn the drum volume down....? Everyone else match the drum kit volume. :bassist:

5. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Some keyboards have full sampled drumsets, same as edrums, and the left and right hand of the player, and midi sequencers for other parts.

They can handle it, if it's distorting and farting, turn down. Not much worry about volume since they are drums. Unless the pads are those noisy rubber/plastic pads.

Try the behringer before you declare it sucky.

6. gareth dunster

gareth dunster

Dec 8, 2009
    I did it with a roland 350 once, it was bearable, but far from ideal

7. pnut166

pnut166

Jun 5, 2008
    alabama
    Don`t you have a small combo you can throw in the car ?

8. If I had a car. xD

But it worked allright, altough I had NO low whatsoever, it worked. It was in a trio-formation so I managed to cut trough. It worked at low volume, but I won't recommend it. It truly, truly sucks.

Thanks for all the replies, guys. Appreciate it.