Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help rewiring volume knob...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Krazerz, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Krazerz

Krazerz

Feb 5, 2004
    Hey all. Just as a heads up this is my first time posting at this forum.

Now, a couple weeks ago I ran into a... situation. I was playing my Spector 4-string when one of the volume knobs didn't seem to be working. For some reason it would keep turning and I would get no volume. I decided to take the back off and look at the electronics. Being the idiot I am, I apparently twisted the wires to the volume knob off and hence I'm stuck with a bass that's not working so well right now.

I haven't done anything yet, but I'm thinking if I soder the two wires back on where they were, I should be back in business. However, I know nothing about electronics and figured I should at least ask others before I try this. Does anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate the help. Thanks.

2. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.

That should take care of your problem. You might want to practice your soldering skills before tackling your bass.

Harrell S.

3. yeah but its Solder.. not Soder. Many americans seem to call it Soder.... why?

:D:D

Merls

4. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Geez!

;)

5. As in George "W" Bush? :p

:D:D

Merls

6. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    After the SOLDER SODDER SAWDER job You might want to make sure the pot nut is snug (with lock washer/flat nut) so it doesn't happen again. I'd check the other pots for snuggness as well as the jack.

---------------------------------------

Mah Daddie was anal retentive too!