1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need Help To ID This 12" Woofer

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LevinFan, Apr 19, 2009.

1. LevinFan

LevinFan

Aug 4, 2008
    Louisville Ky
    Ok, bought an Avatar 212 neo from a TB'er. He told me the cab was loaded with the new LF version of the Eminence's neo 12's. But I noticed they didn't appear to be the new ones after I saw a close up pic of the current LF's. No biggie. The cab rocks and the price was right. I'm happy with it. It may have been his first Avatar, and I'm supposedly the 3rd owner, so he could of been told by his seller they were the new version. Who knows ? :bassist:

Anyhow...
    I sent Avatar a close up of the dustcap of one of the 12's
    ( the new ones don't have the screen in the center )...
    http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z256/hwjennings1/avatar/rig006.jpg

Dave at Avatar told me it's a neo, but not the latest Eminence LF version. So I assumed it was the old version. I love the cab and sound, so I contacted Eminence hoping they would have a couple of them for replacements if mine ever die. New old stock perhaps. Eminence replied that these 12's are not theirs. They said they appear to be custom OEM's.

So, what the heck are they ? I'm hoping someone can ID them so I don't have to take the back off the cab to see if they have a label. The cab sounds too good to tinker with.

Surely someone has seen these ?

2. LevinFan

LevinFan

Aug 4, 2008
    Louisville Ky
    Surely someone knows what these are ?

3. They could be custom (OEM's) built by Eminence for Avatar. Eminence can not sell speakers contracted by OEM's to outside sources (unless they want their a*s sued off and loose all of their OEM contracts).

4. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Dave pretty much gave you the answer. It's first gen Deltalite, OEM'd for Avatar.

Second gen Deltalite (DeltaliteII) shows quite a bit of improvement especially for the 12" and 15" versions. As I recall the second gen will live in the same boxes with the same tuning, so replacement is easy enough.

5. LevinFan

LevinFan

Aug 4, 2008
    Louisville Ky

Ok, thanks guys. I'll check and see if Eminence still offers the II's. :bassist:

6. LevinFan

LevinFan

Aug 4, 2008
    Louisville Ky