Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Help w/ me Demeter

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by J.T, Jan 10, 2006.

1. J.T

J.T

Mar 9, 2005
    Tulsa, Ok
    ENDORSING ARTIST: TOBIAS BASSES
    I have the VTBP-201. It is the older 1.5u model, that I picked up from a fellow TB'er. It sounds great!

The volume pot has seemed to gone ou though. From the Low position if you start to turn it up, it will switch on, but stay constant. If you crank it up, it stays at the same level. Its either on or off.

Would this be the volume pot is bad, or would it be something more like the tube???

Any Ideas?

Thanks! :bassist:

2. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    sounds more like a volume pot issue than a tube issue...it could be something as simple as a connection breaking.

3. J.T

J.T

Mar 9, 2005
    Tulsa, Ok
    Kinda what I was thinking. It is almost like the pot has shorted out, but done so at a particular output level.

any ideas on where I can get a replacement pot anyone?

4. vision

vision It's all about the groove! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I would call Jim directly at the shop...(818)994-7658. Or send him an email via the site. He'll know exactly whats wrong and how to take care of it.

5. J.T

J.T

Mar 9, 2005
    Tulsa, Ok
    Yeah, tried that. I have left 2 messages and sent an email, and have not heard back as of yet. I try to call back but ALWAYS get the machine. Busy people I guess.

Thanks for the Help!

:bassist:

6. The 1.5 space blackface unit is REALLY easy to open up. Everything is laid out simply and very easy to understand. Open it up and give all the connections to the volume pot contacts a thorough inspection.

Jay

7. J.T

J.T

Mar 9, 2005
    Tulsa, Ok
    Thanks TB!

I was able to get through to demeter yesterday. They are very helpful. I spoke with Jim and Adam. Difficult to get through, but once you do, your golden. They are sending me out a volume pot.....free! Well I have to pay shipping to Oklahoma, so it was like $5.

Those guys are great! Rock on Demeter.

Jay, Thanks for that, Electronics scare me, but a guy in my band is great at them, so I will have him open it up and do some cleaning.

:bassist: