need help with balanced signals

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by nowontonsforme, Nov 10, 2005.

1. i bought a mogami/neutrik XLR-TRS cable to be able to run the direct signal from my bass amp to my delta44 (balanced line level yada yada). I get nothing but static and noise when i try and plug it in directly. But if i use the same cable to plug my amp into my board first, and then use the signal from the board (unbalanced), it works fine. Also, when i use the mogami cable between my di box and the soundcard (which is a balanced signal) it works fine. Im just trying to cut out the mish-mash (di box and board) and go straight from amp to soundcard. any ideas as to why this is not working and the rest is?
  2. haha, i think i FINALLY traced my problem to a bad power outlet on the power strip that i was using for my amp. It kept going back and forth between working and not working and I tried just about everything you can do to troubleshoot 1 cable and 2 plugs. hopefully itll work every time now.