Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need help with balanced signals

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by nowontonsforme, Nov 10, 2005.

1. i bought a mogami/neutrik XLR-TRS cable to be able to run the direct signal from my bass amp to my delta44 (balanced line level yada yada). I get nothing but static and noise when i try and plug it in directly. But if i use the same cable to plug my amp into my board first, and then use the signal from the board (unbalanced), it works fine. Also, when i use the mogami cable between my di box and the soundcard (which is a balanced signal) it works fine. Im just trying to cut out the mish-mash (di box and board) and go straight from amp to soundcard. any ideas as to why this is not working and the rest is?

2. haha, i think i FINALLY traced my problem to a bad power outlet on the power strip that i was using for my amp. It kept going back and forth between working and not working and I tried just about everything you can do to troubleshoot 1 cable and 2 plugs. hopefully itll work every time now.