Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help with Fender issues

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jcburn, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Guys I recently purchased from TBer Slowburnaz a 1991 Ibanez AFR305.Ultra modern looking and sounding.Now to round out my collection I was looking to grab a Fender Prec Deluxe 5 but before I do can anyone give me opinions on this bass and most importantly;
    1. Does the neck dive (at all?)
    2. What are the B strings like.
    Any opinions would be appreciated or even suggestions on similar basses (must be 5 string).
    Thankyou.

2. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Is it the MIA one or the MIM one?

3. I've played a few fender 5 string Precisions, and as far as I remember there was no neck dive at all (and I played at least one standing up.) As far as the B string goes, it was a little floppy, but nothing terrible. They're not quite my thing, but they are very playable basses

4. Thanx Panda.Also wouldnt mind knowing what the fretboard radius feels like.My current bass is very flat but I wouldnt mind trying something with a rounder radius.
    BTW the Precision Deluxe 5 is American made only.
    Jake.

5. pdusen

pdusen

Aug 18, 2004
    Um, no. There's a Precision American Deluxe and a Precision Deluxe MIM.

6. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Fender isn't really known for great Low B's- so it is a must try before you buy. The USA models tend to be tighter, for obvious quality reasons.