1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need help with the Boss GT-10b

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassoon811, Jul 12, 2014.

1. bassoon811

bassoon811

Jul 12, 2014
    none
    Hello, this is my first post here and basically I'm a complete n00b to this site, bass amps/rigs, and bass effects.

I'm a bassist in a metal band. I play a 6-string ESP because why not? My main amp is an Acoustic brand 1x15 100 watt combo Anyways, I'm looking into getting a Boss GT-10b, but honestly have no clue how it works. It has all of the necessary effects for me as a player (trust me, I use a lot of really weird effects when I record) so I feel like it's the best option for me considering my budget and the gear I need.

Basically the thing has 4 numbered pedals on it and two that are labelled Control 1 and Control 2, then it has the loop station and expression pedal to the side. My main concerns have to do with how these pedals work. The demo video Musician's Friend has posted says the Control pedals are user assignable, so does that mean the remaining 4 are not? And if that's the case, what are they for? I could also use some help with what ports do what on the back of it.

Like I said I'm a complete noob, I've been playing really quietly out of a guitar amp for 3 years now and want to start moving up to some new gear.