1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need Help!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Gin, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    My friend just gave me his bass today to see what was wrong with it, turns out that a wire hasn't been soldered, but I don't know where this wire should be soldered to. The wire is coming from the where the battery is stored. Yamaha's site doesn't have this bass listed anywhere for some reason.

It's a Yamaha RBX 370A

DSC00791.

DSC00792.

Much appreciated for any help ;)

2. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    Bump...

3. Duck off & Fie

Duck off & Fie Banned

Mar 30, 2009
    i believe the negative lead from the battery connects to the output jack.. usually on a stereo jack so that the ring the lead is connected to touches the pole of the cable but not the same place as the other ground leads. this is so the battery is only on when the bass is plugged in. are there three wire soldering spots on your output jack? if so connect it to the one that is free.

4. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    awesome thanks! Only looks like two and I also found out a green wiring is not connected, where would this go?

5. robert43

robert43

Jun 5, 2007
    Australia
    The bass is diconned its on the site I goggled the bass & found it . The green wire goes into a hole my guess is take strings off , ake off bridge see if its the bridge ground.
    I also see that there is a black wire as weel as the green so maybe not . see it goes to a pup? etc & come back to us