Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need new neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flaghard, Feb 8, 2005.

1. flaghard

flaghard

Oct 17, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    i want to put a new neck on my yamaha rbx 270. would an older fender p or j bass neck fit or would i have to get a different yamaha neck. any other tips on putting on a new neck would be awsome :help:
    thanks
    flaghard

2. Qohelet

Qohelet

Dec 20, 2004
    MetroWest, MA
    A Fender P or J neck won't fit. They've got 22 frets before the body joint; I'm pretty sure your yamaha rbx 270 has 24. You might not have to get a yamaha neck, but it looks like that's a pretty good possibility. Get the measurements of the neck at the body joint and take a look around on Ebay. I've seen a few Samick neck up there lately that have 24 frets, but the size of the neck pocket might be different....

3. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I believe Warmoth has done parts for Yamaha... it's not their normal website stuff, though. You might want to call and ask them. You can pm bwbass and ask him. He works for Warmoth and frequents these forums.

4. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    We've got some BB series 5-string necks lying around, but I don't think we have anything that would fit what you've got.

Sorry! :(