1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need schematic for SWR LA 15 combo amp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pbdog, Mar 11, 2008.

1. pbdog

pbdog

Dec 18, 2007
    Its got some blown transisters.Thanks Bros...... pb

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    from the SWR website....

A: To request a schematic, please provide your full name and mailing address (or fax number), along with the model and serial number of your amplifier. Send your request to swrcustserve@fender.com, or contact the FMIC Consumer Relations Department, 480-596-7195.

3. rdtsc

rdtsc

Nov 27, 2011
    Toledo, Ohio
    I have acquired one of these with "blown transistors."

Let me just say, they are not built very intelligently inside, at least mine wasn't. The output transistors are mounted on a small finned heatsink, and this is mounted to the rear plate. There are no ventilation holes. Problem is, the cooling fins are not oriented vertically where convection would help cool it -- it's mounted sideways! So this is why these overheat. Poor design considerations. The LA series were also made in Indonesia, if anyone was curious.

This website has an "A" revision of the schematic. I must have a "B" revision board due to the soft-start components. I've got to fix this thing in the next few days. Has the output transistors changed any in revisions? 2SC2837's, driven by a C4382 and A1668, with a C3834 bias?

SWR la12, la15 Service Manual free download,schematics,datasheets,eeprom bins,pcb,repair info for test equipment and electronics

4. Dricoman

Dricoman

Apr 19, 2013
    Mesa Arizona
    I just got one of these for $100.00 !! It is like new in the original packing and was returned as defective but I cant find a thing wrong with it. Maybe after 2 or 3 hrs. it will overheat and shut off? I would like to add a fan to it if it would help. Any ideas where I can mount a fan??
    It sounds good on the floor backed up to a wall. Thanks!