Need Synth/TWah/Envelope filter samples

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by andruca, Aug 6, 2004.

1. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Hi guys!

I have a Boss GT-6B pedalboard and I'm sick of it's inability to produce decent wah and synth sounds and to make it worse they cannot be mixed with dry signal. But the rest of its features are OK, so I intend to add just a nice synth and wah/filter pedal in the chain. That said I need you to tell me or send me samples of sounds of different pedals. I particularly am testing the Q-Tron and the BOSS SYB-3 pedals today. I know the internal sound modes of the SYB will suck (because of Boss' ****ty tracking) but I'll try the wave shape ones to see if they're good. But I know a lot more pedals exist (MuTron, Akai Deep Impact, etc.). I don't care it it's digital (if it tracks ok, no problem). Previous to owning the 6B I had a Boss ME-8B that had particularly great wave shape synths and killer TWah (although then again internal sound modes sucked). Well, I'll appreciate any sound sample indicating what pedal it is and if it can or can't do both synth and TWah (no problem buying separate units). By the way I've head the samples at Electro Harmonix's site and they are not at all convincent of their quality for bass. Thanks everybody and take care...

2. RunBeerRun

RunBeerRun Banned

Mar 10, 2003
    I have mp3's right now of the electrix filterfactory(envelope filter) and the akai deep impact synth. I have all the synths except the boss one, I host mp3s of them at:
  3. I think I've found my perfect synth sound with the ME-50B using the OCTAVE DOWN. I take out all the direct signal and only use the generated octave sound. Use the D-COMP for eveness and sustain, mix in a lilltle BASS DRIVER and round it up with some CHO+REV.

I have a sample if your interested. Can I post them here (never done it/don't know how) or you can e-mail me,
  4. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Well... I hope I can be of any help to you. I just posted this file with the 'pedalsound thread' too, but hopefully you dig this one.

It is the EBS Octaver, then the BassIQ and then the UniChorus. High mode with the Octaver, BassIQ (envelope filter down) slowly closing for that real synth feeling and adding some Chorus for the phase-shift. They cost a lot those EBS boxes, but the tone is unbeatable. With those three you can combine endlessly and the next advantage won't get irritated by your gear, because it sounds always good. It just depends on the setting...and go with the flow.

Perhaps you could sell your GT^6 and get a few great analogue pedals? I tend to say everybody this, because you get so much more satisfaction. Anyway...enjoy!

Bass Synth Teng