Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need to replace akai deep impact

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by scoote3639, Sep 19, 2005.

1. scoote3639

scoote3639

Mar 16, 2004
    after many years of use my deep impact has died.i sent it to wells electronics for repair and they said they cant even get a service manual for it so they cant fix it.and they are an authorized akai repair center......anyway...all i really need is one pedal with overdrive/distortion and wah/filtering.any suggestions would be appreciated.thanks.

2. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
  3. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Yeah I have that pedal, It's very nice for the price.

4. scoote3639

scoote3639

Mar 16, 2004
    thanks guys.ill try that pedal at local gc tommorrow.anyone tried the yamaha magicstomp for bass?

5. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Did you try the EHX Bass Micro Synth ? It seems to be the best available after the Deep Impact.

By the way, I PMed you, I may be interested in buying this broken Deep Impact (if you wish). Did you recieved my PM ?

6. scoote3639

scoote3639

Mar 16, 2004
    hello...yes i got your message and have responded that ill keep it for now.will look into micro synth.thank you.

7. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    The Deep Impact is a micro-processor based pedal, so if that's fried then the pedal is dead, but anything else besides that should be repairable. Any decent tech would be able to check simple stuff, and it might only be something simple that's stopping it from working. What are the symptoms? Lack of power on? Lack of sound? I seem to recall the circuitry for it is surface mount, but the not-so-dense and not-so-small circuitry that can be worked on by hand.

8. scoote3639

scoote3639

Mar 16, 2004
    thanks for the input.bassically it started not tracking properly on a regularly used patch ...then ..no output at all but all lights functioning as normal.i found a place in california that assures me they can repair it ..or at least try.its a place called V.S.T. and their specialty is akai products.good luck to me............

9. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Good luck ... nothing I've tried has come close to the DI when it comes to tracking and the 'naturalness' of the sound.

10. scoote3639

scoote3639

Mar 16, 2004
    i just ordered the YAMAHA MAGICSTOMP BASS.its new and there are no reviews or opinions yet.so ill give it a shot....sweetwater music assured me a full refund if i dont like it.one things for sure....ill have an opinion on it ........