Nerf Guns

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Timbo, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    At no age will I ever out grow these things. The joy of shooting small foam balls around the house is just so satisfying. And the joy of slowly (or extremely quickly) losing the foam balls one, by one and finding them years later. Hahah.
  2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

You'll put your eye out!

3. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
  4. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    In retrospect I can't believe I never owned one... maybe when I'm older.
  5. Things like that are great if you have pets.

I wish I could hunt my cat when I got bored.
  6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I love'em, but these days they are too weak. There is a big modding community out there that have guns that can shoot 300+ feet, that's some serious nerf.
  7. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I always thought the up side was the fact that if you shoot this type of gun it doesn't blow a hole in the wall. :rolleyes:

Oh, and my dogs terrified of it and I haven't shot at him or near him. Oh well. I was gonna use it as a lazy way to play fetch with him.

Oh, and
  8. You know Will Lee sang the jingle for the nerf bow and arrow?
  9. Seriously - build a spud gun!
  10. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i love those guns.

my cat didn't.
  11. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I'm scared i'll blow myself up with hair spray. :eek:
  12. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Nerf guns and potato cannons, memories of my youth... no wait, that was last week... :rollno:
  13. haha i remember the guns with those small foam arrows with plunger things on the end. they never did stick to anything though when you shot it, like they did on the commercials.
  14. The Eristic

The Eristic Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Cartersville, GA
    I wish I could find the darts and clips to my Sawtooth. :^/
  15. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    I had so many of these it was amazing. My favorites by far were the "sharpshooter," which was the original pistol which was the only one that seriously shot hard and far, the crossbow (which i called a shotgun, because i had taken the 'bow' part off to make it look so. the fact that it still shot giant foam arrows didn't faze me.) and a little holdout pistol that hid in your sleeve until you pressed a button and it flipped into your palm.
  16. My friends and I used to have sleepovers where we would build forts all night long and have all out nerf fights. It was awesome. Then again we were like 8 at the time. Rules were if you got hit you were out til your team is out(at most we had 3 people per team). So one time I was the last person left on my team, and the other team had 1 person left. Sneaky bugger got his sister to distract me by trying to 'help'. I got crossbowed in the eye from 2 feet away. It sucked. Then there were the times where we would turn all the lights except one small one off, put a movie on in neutral territory and have all out wars. It was great fun. We built the forts out of anything and everything(mostly furniture).

Those were the days.
  17. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Back in 6th grade I used to mod my Nerf guns and I could get them going really far and really fast.

Stefan Darts anybody...?
  18. Yorkiebassist

Dec 20, 2005
    I had the Nerf gun that was like a gatling gun. It could spray darts all over. Was good fun.
  19. While not a proper Nerf gun, my 3 year old son just got a 6-ball shooter for his have to shoot it pump-action style...really fun, and he's just getting the hang of it, and gets surprised when it finally fires.

I owned so many nerf guns I should have had stock in them.