1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Aerodyne Precision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by christle, Aug 12, 2007.

1. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plays unbelievably well and sounds great! Cuts it in a live setting very nicely. More details later.

2. i would like to see this in black like the sexy jazz version if it ever comes out.

3. Are all the Aerodynes shorter scale than the regular Fender P and J basses? I came across an Aerodybe J at the local shop and I'd *swear* it was something like 32" scale...

Am I wrong?

4. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    SWEET RIDE! How's the neck?

5. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    All the Aerodynes are a regular 34" scale. They are VERY lightweight and comfy and the neck is very fast, which might be why you thought it was a short scale, but they are just regular Js and Ps.

Very nice bass!!!! I love the Jazz version of these, but haven't had a chance to play the Precision version. Looks great! Enjoy!!

6. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    These have been out for a while, I believe Fender is simply doing a piss-pour job at promoting them... they're actually some blem models in the Clearence Section of Musician's Friend. Real nice lookers, but to my ears a P-bass shouldn't be made out of basswood. I know, blah blah Bongo.... I simply think the simplicity and classic tone of a Precision calls for a denser wood.

...and all the Aerodyne's are 34" scale. No idea what's leading you in that direction. ;)

7. that is unbelievably sexy.

8. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    This could be my next bass....

9. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    The neck is awesome! Much easier to play for me than the Geddy. I think that is due to the satin finish though. I like the width and the depth, my hand doesn't tire out at all and I can play faster on it than on the Geddy.

Yup! ;) They are all 34" scale and I have not seen any thing shorter than that.

I like it better than the J version that I tried, although I wouldn't mind getting one of those as well.

You know it actually has a decent P tone and is kinda growly at the same time. I like how it sounds. I have yet to use the bridge pickup as I prefer the sound of the neck pickup.

I'm liking it :hyper:

10. It still needs a Badass II

11. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    The Aerodyne P/J has a great tone IME. I played one for almost an hour at GC a while back through several amps and was able to get some great tones out of all of them, even the Berringer.

12. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    With SS strings you really get some good bottom and nice top end out of this bass. It even sounds good on my headphone amp :) I still can't get over how fast and comfortable the neck is.

13. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    As nice as those are I am not sure you could easily get on to fit on that radiused top. Besides, I don't mind the original bridge.

14. i want them to bring out a black version of that, then i'm gonna get one. or buy one and re-finish it black.

15. not true.

[​IMG]

32" scale Aerodyne Jazz Bass

16. christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I'm guessing that we would have to order that from Japan as they don't seem to sell that scale over here. That is a sweet looking bass....

17. I'd like to see one with just a single P...........any color :)

18. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr. Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    I wish they made a five string version of this.

19. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

+1

If this came in a MIA 5er, my Lakland would be on eBay immediately to fund the purchase.

A 5er version of this would be a nice addition to my 2 MIA Jazz Deluxe 5ers and my Bongo 5.:hyper:

20. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars

What does "IME" stand for?