1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new bass amp witch one?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by buddyayres, Jan 16, 2010.

1. buddyayres

buddyayres

Jan 10, 2010
    ok well i have been playing the bass for about 3 months now. started off with the best first act p bass and amp. well i wasn't going to buy any thing else until i was good enough but after 3 months of playing i have gotten alot better and could finally justify buying a new bass and i did. i bought a epiphone goth thunderbird at GC on monday. and well the first act amp just isn't doing it for me any more. and when i was playing the bass at the store befor i bought it the sound was incredible! so i am looking into buying a used amp and have found two i like and wanted some input from you guys. the first one that i like the most is a Peavey TNT 115. for $300 http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/msg/1553090265.html

and the second one is a 70's peavey bass amp combo. with a 15 inch black widow speaker for about $100.
    http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/msg/1551806882.html

i dont no how long i will be using either of the two. i am planing on building my own bass stack with a 4x10 cabinet, a 1x15 cabinet and an amp. but will be buy all the parts separately over time and that may take me a while. so my question are. does any one own one of these two? how do they like them? witch one of the two would you get?

2. Volume4

Volume4

Sep 15, 2009
    Long Island
    I would jump on the 70's Peavey for $125

I mean literally, if that were local....I'd have been on it already.

The TNT is a good deal also, but why spend more than double on a temp amp?

3. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    if i could get 130watts for $100.00 i would take it!!!

4. buddyayres

buddyayres

Jan 10, 2010
    ok, i have already emailed both people letting them now i am interested and seeing they still have them. and my temp. amp could be up to a year before i have my next one. like i said it just going to be used until i can afford to build the set up i want.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    that's the way everyone does it. start on a cheapo, get a step up model for small jams and whatnot, then they get a 5000 watt rig with 3 810's ;)