1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Bass Case

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by TDeRidder, Aug 17, 2012.

1. TDeRidder

TDeRidder

Aug 17, 2012
    I am looking at building a new bass case for my Fender p bass (1994). I want to build it out of pallet wood. I understand that I am making a difficult task for myself, however, I think it would be interesting. I know the dimensions that I want to use, and I think it is doable, however, my largest concern is sealing the case so that it is better for weather conditions, ie, so that it would not leak in wet weather etc. Any suggestions for a sealant that would work?

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    You are determined to make it difficult for yourself, this is the Recording Gear and Equipment forum. Maybe ask to have this moved.

But while you're hear. It depends on the pallet wood. I wouldn't bother with cheap pine, and they rarely use quality wood for pallets these days. If you have old pallets of mahogany, then sure, do it. Or build a box out of ply, and cover it with the pallet wood for a rustic looking effect.