Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New bass...gotta tell someone

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Locutuz, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Locutuz

Locutuz

Jan 26, 2004
    USofA
    Hello everyone this is my first post here.

I am a 45 year old newbie to bass playing. Been taking lessons 2 months and still pretty much suck at it (but I will prevail). I always wanted to play bass but never seemed to have the time to get started. My wife passed away right before Christmas this past year so I decided to start taking lessons. I am currently playing a Carlo Robelli Bass, but hey.
    You can't just have one bass. I had been looking at a used Peavey Fury bass at my local music store the price tag said $219. But tonight I scored me a new bass on eBay. Looked like a good deal to me. Ibanez BTB300BG. Hope I made a good choice for my second bass

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3715859192&ssPageName=ADME:B:BN:US:1

Oh...and I would also like to thank the forum for all the information and knowledge I have picked up so far.

2. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Congrats on the new bass and welcome to TB.

Unfortunately, your link appears to be broken and you probably already know the rule: If we don't get pics, it doesn't really exist :D

3. Locutuz

Locutuz

Jan 26, 2004
    USofA
    Thanks for the welcome.
    If the link doesnt work for you the eBay Item # is 3715859192 if that helps.
    Pictures when I get my new bass.

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Best of luck playing and really sorry to hear about your wife. Bass is a wonderful friend. It has helped me keep my head straight for almost thirty years. :cool:

5. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Welcome to TB (the link works fine to me), and sorry about your wife. Hopefully you´ll find in your bass playing and in Talk Bass a new family.

6. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Welcome and nice bass!

7. coolsnow7

coolsnow7

Feb 22, 2004
    sup dude, congratulations on the new bass.

8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    The compulsion to tell everybody about a new bass is almost like confession, but in a good way. The BTB is a good choice; one of Ibanez's better basses, methinks. The Fury sounds a little overpriced for a used bass. Stick with the BTB.

9. congrats on the new bass, those are very nice. the BTB is my favorite of the newer ibanez models. you got it for a real nice price too.

10. robe

robe

Oct 19, 2003
    Australia-Brisbane
    Beautiful bass! Sorry to hear bout the wife. Welcome to TB

11. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Congrats on the new bass.

12. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    Welcome to TB, I'm sorry about your wife. Enjoy playing bass :)

13. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Welcome aboard and your bass is a great way to heal. My congrats on your bass and my sympathies for your loss!

14. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Looks like a good one...

15. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Whoa! Nice bass! Even better, nice price! :eek:

16. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    killer bass man, sorry about your loss. welcome to TB. :)
    Keeping the Funk Alive in P-town for another 100 years!!!

17. congrats on the bass

18. welcome to the wonderful world of bass playing! i hope you have a blast with it like most of us have.

19. my great uncle decided to start playing the bass at the age of 65. he now has a squier p-bass, and an upright bass. unfortunately the man is not that computer savy or i'd have him on this site!

congrats on the instrument and sorry about your loss. playing bass has gotten me through many rough times. nowhere near your situation but i'm sure it will help. :)

~furio

20. Welcome to TalkBass.
    Sorry about your wife, that is horrible news.
    The new bass is a beut, and you contracted G.A.S. after 2 months... what took you so long! :bassist: