Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass - Mandatory Pic Thread!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tplyons, Jul 12, 2005.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Just got in my Olympic White Marcus Miller Jazz with CIJ Precision Bass neck, threw on some Schaller Straplocks and Hipshot tuners and Xtender (all were a drop in replacement, thank God I didn't have to drill) and I've got a perfect jazz bass minus one small ding next to the neck!

I got the bass shipped for $430, plus tuners brought the whole thing up to just under $500 with molded plastic case. Whattya'll think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. $430, Great score Timothy sir, GK brother.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm just disappointed I don't get to try it with the GK until Thursday at the earliest.

4. Real nice. I've got the natural. I noticed that your head stock says Percision. Why is that?

5. I think you are a smart man for buying the bass at the price you did, and then adding the mods you did. Very nice "steal" you got there, I must say I envy you.

~Ryan

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The previous owner was the same type I was... love the jazz bass tone, but couldn't deal with the narrow neck, so he swapped it for what I think is a '57 RI P-Bass neck, and later sold it cheap because it didn't have the neck everyone loved. Frankly, I would've bought the same bass and done the same mod myself, and it would've costed me twice as much. It's just a matter of the market not agreeing with the mod, and one person who wants EXACTLY that, gets the deal of a lifetime.

7. Good for you. I would like to do that myself. I've got an Aerodyne that is dying for a maple P neck. Where is the best place to get one? How will I know if the replacement neck will fit the pocket?
    Again. Nice bass

8. Youngspanion...

You should check out Warmoth parts Direct for any replacement Fender parts.

www.warmoth.com

I think an all maple P neck runs around $170us.

~Ryan

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Cool! You can get replacement necks from Warmoth.com which will run you about $170 without finish (you'll need to have it finished for warranty reasons) or about $140 completely finished from Allparts.com. I've heard great things about both but have no actual experience with either. Either of these places make necks to Fender specs so it should fit no problem.

10. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I like it, sweet!

11. that is a sweet deal

12. Stox

Stox

Mar 18, 2005
    London UK
    sweeter than a sweet thang :D

13. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Geez, that's a sweet deal indeed. Where'd you manage to find that?

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Bassgear.com man, some great deals to be had there.

15. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I saw that for sale... I considered going after it myself, except that I do prefer J necks to P necks, and I wasn't such a big fan of the white. Still, that's a hell of a deal... congrats man!

16. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    That's beautiful! I really like the white.

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Me too, even though it's yellowed a bit in five years.

18. ........just adds to the MOJO my friend :D

..........Jim

19. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Exactly, just shocked me a bit when I opened the case. But I love it!

20. Does the P neck make that much of a difference?