New bassist in Conan O´Brien?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by CoolHat, Aug 4, 2005.

1. They are showing some older episodes (from April or May I think) of Late Night With Conan O´Brien over here for the summer and I´ve noticed a new, female bass player in the house band. She looks sort of familiar, I think I´ve seen her in some gear ad in Bass Player or something. It´s hard to say, since the camera hardly ever shows the band for longer than few seconds, let alone the bass player :mad:

Does anyone know who she is? I don´t follow Conan very regularly so I don´t know if she´s been there for long or if she was just filling for few episodes. Any info is welcome.
  2. i think she is just a sit-in for mike
  3. Phunky

Phunky Guest

Aug 1, 2004
    yea he had some sort of disease or had broken something so she was just a temporary standin, she is good though
  4. Mike is back, Hes been back for a while now, He was sick, She was there for a couple of weeks actually.
  5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    As long as they don't replace La Bomba it's fine by me!

"Hey La Bomba! Do you really need sheetmusic to shake those shakers? What does it say? "Shake"? "Shake harder"? "Stop shaking"? "

6. Tracy Wormworth. The sister of the drummer James Wormworth who sits in for Max when he is gone..

"Tracy Wormworth, the sister of drummer James (Jimmy) Wormworth, played bass in the early 1980's group The Waitressess. The group had a hit called I Know What Boys Like.
    She has played bass with Sting, Wayne Shorter and the B52s. She is also a regular member of the Rosie O'Donnell Show band"
  7. Man. How did I miss that? Mmm. Whatta woman...

I remember Tracy first as the sassy sista bassist in the Waitresses on MTV waaay back in the day, when sistas, let alone bass-playing ones, were in short supply.

The next time I saw her was backing Sting in the "...Nothing Like the Sun" days.

I never knew she was with the B-52's though; I thought that was all Sara Lee...

8. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI

LOL - Coney is a funny guy.
  9. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    If I recall correctly Tracy not only dated but was taught by Marcus Miller in the early 80's!
  10. Audiophage

Jan 9, 2005
    I did notice a different sounding bass on Conan. Since they rarely show the bass player I just assumed he was trying something different. Now I know it was someone different.
  11. I saw the episode where mike came back and Conan welcomed him back and said something along the lines of "Isn't bass the most awesome instrument? I mean its much better than trumpet" *camera focuses on a sad La Bomba*