1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Cab/Amp Question Lightweight 410s

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thefunkgorilla, Mar 30, 2013.

1. thefunkgorilla

thefunkgorilla

Mar 26, 2013
    Hi Everyone,
    I need help/advice. I have a few active basses that I play through an Alembic F1X Tube preamp with an SF2 superfilter in the effects loop. In my younger days I pounded the roads and stages with this platform powered by a bridged carver pm1201 into an Ampeg 8 10 SVT. Killin tone, Killer weight. Now I'm looking to lighten up the whole thing. I have a genz benz 210 shuttle cab that is OK for smaller gigs but bottoms out with Marshalls/bigger stages.
    I am looking at maybe an Ampeg PN410 at 64lbs or maybe the Genz Benz Uber 410 at 73 lbs, also the markbass 410s front and rear port jobs at about 65 and 55 lbs respectively.
    I would power any of these lightweight 410s with a lightweight crown 1500 or 2000 pushing a good 1500 watts or so. Does anyone have any experience with any of these cabs or any other cabs in this ballpark? Or would another genz 210 stacked vertically do the same thing if both were hit with 450 watts or so at 8 ohms? Thanks a bunch!! The Funk Gorilla.

2. ricweeks

ricweeks

Oct 5, 2011
    New England
    I have the MB410 cabinet and love it. High power, low weight, neutral tone.
    Consider this a positive recommendation for the speaker portion of a low weight, high power rig.

I also have the Markbass Traveler 210 and 15" cabs - for ultimate versatility (400w ea into 8 ohms).