new cheap eub's on ebay

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by bassbinge, Jul 7, 2005.

1. bassbinge

Sep 17, 2004
    new zealand

Attached Files:

2. Bass_me

Jun 7, 2005
    Denmark, Europe
    Wauw, it is really funky even though I think it looses the idea of the EUB concept, I mean you can´t ride your bike with this on your bag. But it sure is cool looking!
  3. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    He started selling these a few months ago. I've been thinking about taking the plunge, but am scared of shipping one.
  4. mikjans

Dec 17, 2003
    Uppsala, Sweden
    These are made in China by the Jisheng Co., and seem to be sold under a number of names incl. Sojing and Julliards.

One of the more unusual designs, owing a little to Henry Moore sculpture... Can´t say anything about the quality, but I wouldn´t expect too much from a Chinese bass of that price. You usually get what you pay for.

Here´s the website, BTW;

5. I've been looking for a novelty upright electric and this looks like a nice one (even though you're right, at that price it could be a little on the low quality end). I can't tell if it extends on a telescopic end pin as high as an Ampeg/Azola baby bass or if it sits on the floor like a double bass/Bridge Cetus, or if it sits on an extended pin, but not as high as an Ampeg/Azola baby bass. It would be nice to try it out to make sure you can get a decent sound out of it.
  6. Hey Phat,

I'm taking the plunge today and am going to order one. I called the guy and he said they are shipped in a solid secure box, it's insured so that and because it's so big is why the shipping/handling and insurance is steep ($165). He said he was asking over $1000 for them before, but just happens to be offerring them on sale for $695 now so I'm going to scoop one.

I'll let you know how I make out.
  7. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Cool. I look forward to it.