Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new combo...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by B@ssT, Sep 20, 2004.

1. B@ssT

B@ssT

Jun 11, 2003
    Belgium
    Hi all, I'm thinking of buying a new combo for home practising... At rehearsels I play on a pre-amp from trace elliot with a poweramp from qsc the plx 3402 and an eden 410xlt with an eden 115xlt, It's to much heavy sh!t to take with me every week and now i want a smaller portable combo to take with me and practice at home...

What combination and what model do you guys use or prefer? Price should be a little lower as the metro from eden...
    Nemesis? Swr? Aguilar? Ashdown? Ebs? Roland? Something else?

Please help me :confused: :help:

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    your other option is to get a small lightweight speaker like a 112 and use your existing pre/power rig into it. That's what i usually do - although i have a small head as well
    my home practice amp is an swr electric blue head into an aguilar 112 - very compact, lightweight, and portable - and loud enough to disturb the neighbors :p

3. B@ssT

B@ssT

Jun 11, 2003
    Belgium
    Do you think the quality is high enough if you buy a separate amp and cabinet for a cheaper price as a combo? I don't wanna carry anything around if I go for rehearsel, relly need two different rigs... wanna :bassist: without carrying around al the :bag:

:help:

Greetz

B@ssT