1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

new combo...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by B@ssT, Sep 20, 2004.

1. B@ssT

B@ssT

Jun 11, 2003
    Belgium
    Hi all, I'm thinking of buying a new combo for home practising... At rehearsels I play on a pre-amp from trace elliot with a poweramp from qsc the plx 3402 and an eden 410xlt with an eden 115xlt, It's to much heavy sh!t to take with me every week and now i want a smaller portable combo to take with me and practice at home...

What combination and what model do you guys use or prefer? Price should be a little lower as the metro from eden...
    Nemesis? Swr? Aguilar? Ashdown? Ebs? Roland? Something else?

Please help me :confused: :help:

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    your other option is to get a small lightweight speaker like a 112 and use your existing pre/power rig into it. That's what i usually do - although i have a small head as well
    my home practice amp is an swr electric blue head into an aguilar 112 - very compact, lightweight, and portable - and loud enough to disturb the neighbors :p

3. B@ssT

B@ssT

Jun 11, 2003
    Belgium
    Do you think the quality is high enough if you buy a separate amp and cabinet for a cheaper price as a combo? I don't wanna carry anything around if I go for rehearsel, relly need two different rigs... wanna :bassist: without carrying around al the :bag:

:help:

Greetz

B@ssT