New Custom G&L LB-100

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by red7flag, Jul 24, 2018.

1. red7flag

red7flag

Oct 25, 2017
    Dickson, TN
    The new G&L LB-100 came last Monday. Sorry so long to comment, but was both sick and the internet was out at home to a lightening strike near our home. That first day, I took the LB-100 up to my office and plugged it in. After playing for about five minutes, I was decidedly unimpressed. Looking back, I think there were some legitimate issues going on. One, getting used to the 1 3/4 inch neck. Being sick, I am not sure either my brain or ears were working very well. Wednesday, and with some trepidation, I took the LB-100 to a recording session. We were playing British invasion tunes as a trio (acoustic guitar, acoustic electric tenor guitar and bass). I was blown away. In the past two sessions I had played my Lakland HB and Fender AEJB. The LB-100 blew them away. It provided a strong, but not overpowering presence at much lower volume. The others, being two pup instruments, were played with just the neck pup and like the LB--100 all highs levels off. The other two musician commented without request that the P was the strongest of the three for their music. That weekend, I played the P in our praise band at church. I was not sure this genre would be the best fit for the P, but we all agreed that the P sounded best. All this being said, I now have a new main ax. In buying the P I expected it to shine with country and rock-a-billy. To my surprise, it rocks with all the music, especially after getting used to the expanded neck. Thanks to Scott Devine DSC_0118.jpg DSC_0121.jpg for opening up this avenue for me. I don't think I would have had the impetus without being drawn in by the videos where he drew attention to his movement to the P bass.

lgrankin, Joshua and TDR1138 like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021