1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Fender Dimension

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mcnach, Oct 8, 2013.

1. The 5 string in particular looks very interesting.
    Strong Stingray vibe, but with a wider string spacing (the reason I do not own a SR5 is the narrow string spacing).
    The Mexican version is priced very attractively too!

Tempting!

Anybody played one yet?

Attached Files:

2. brenner182

brenner182

Apr 24, 2010
    Maryland
    I wana play one in the worst way but i dont know of anywhere that has one.

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I haven't had the pleasure, but I typed 'Dimension' into the search, and got a buttload of hits.

4. Hapa

Hapa

Apr 21, 2011
    Tustin, CA
    I have played them both, the USA made deluxe's as well as the imports. I like them a lot. It can cop the MM tone and the EQ was carefully tuned unlike many other Fender EQ's. The playability on mine was great, it was setup first by the CS but not any better or worse than your local guy. I played it in many rooms and had many of my friends with different, very different bands - like it. If you are looking for a MM made by Fender - its never going to be that. If you are looking for a single pickup bass made by Fender that is not a P-bass with an active EQ then you will be very pleased. Compound radius, Asymmetrical neck, and a comfortable body all add to the value of this bass. Start asking your stores about them, get the buzz going on them, and the stores should carry them without special order.

5. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Is the spacing 19mm?

6. Hapa

Hapa

Apr 21, 2011
    Tustin, CA
    18mm for 5 19mm/20mm for 4 no change in that way from fender. Same american deluxe bridges or the Fender "badass" clone