1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW (for me) BASS DAY!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by behndy, Oct 14, 2009.

1. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    yay! i've wanted to try a 7 string for awhile. i've been on 6's for a couple years. then i found a REALLY good deal on CL.

not only is this the most strings i've had on a bass, it's WAY the nicest, most expensive bass i've ever owned. i think it's the most expensive (original price) single piece of gear i've ever owned actually.

freaking ECSTATIC.

and who DOESN'T like a yellow towel background? don't panic like a MF.

-0behn desu0-

Attached Files:

2. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    also.......

-0behn desu0-

Attached Files:

3. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    ........and finally........

-0behn desu0-

Attached Files:

4. Congrats Man :)
    enjoy it

5. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    thanks JAGG!

-0behn desu0-

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Holy cow! That's a big'un! I'm both happy and a little frightened for you ;)

So how do you tune that? Are the highest strings C and F or B and E? If it were me, I'd have to have it B/E because I play guitar too and it seems natural to me.

7. Pedulla?

Pedulla?

Nov 18, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    I've been curious about these for awhile, hows the balance though?

Oh btw, CONGRATS!

8. FailOutBoy

FailOutBoy

Aug 22, 2008
    Damn. I'm a big groove tools fan and I was just thinking today about what a blue refinish would look like on one. Beautiful!

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    John Turner only needed seven strings.

Oh wait...

Nice grab- probably the only blue GT-7 in the world.

10. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    Budha Bill Dickens only needed....

= WIN!!

yeah. it's gonna take me a minute to get used to the neck.... but it's so nice that the strings are about the same spacing as a 6.

sigh...... love this thing.

-0behn desu0-

11. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    biggah = bettah. yay american upbringings!

i have it tuned B E A D G F..... think i'm gonna stay with that. i like the simplicity of universal patterns throughout the entire neck. i'm lazy. also.... i can barely play bass.... i'm not trying to be mediocre at more than one instrument right now.

-0behn desu0-

12. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    i'm a goof about bass terms..... balance as in neck dive/no neck dive? if that's what you mean then it does dive a bit with a strap. the strap pegs are recessed Strap Lock receptacles, and the upper one is on the side of the horn... dunno if that's why but it does dive a bit. actually plays pretty fast for such a wide neck tho.

thanks PedOOOOOlah!

-0behn desu0-

13. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    AWESOME id name. you rokk.

yeah.... i have a Dean Edge 6 that's close to the same color..... but i really do like the way the body color looks against the dark wood on the fingerboard and the neck.

thanks!

-0behn desu0-

14. Pedulla?

Pedulla?

Nov 18, 2008
    St. Louis, MO
    Lol, its cool dude. Yeah I was talking about balance, I was just curious because I've always wanted one but I'm a little guy so if it wasn't balanced to some degree I just wouldn't be able to cope. But what you said is very intriguing, I think I see a groove tools in my future...

15. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    yeah.....i'm about 6' 4", so i always felt i looked funny with a 4 stringer anyways. the BEST thing i think i've ever seen (musically) is watching a Mr Bungle show and seeing Trevor Dunn play a 6 string. back when it seems like nobody outside of Claypool rocked a 6. Trevor Dunn is MAYBE 4 feet tall..... on a good day. at least that's what it looked like with his left arm at full extension to reach first position playing.

awesome.

wish i was littler.

-0behn desu0-

16. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    Cool looking bass, congrats!!!

17. Jealsousy. I was just talking about how I had never owned a blue bass despite it being my favorite color. I also told my self : "Self, don't start with that ERB thing. 6 is enough. 5 was too much, 4 was enough, 5 wasn't enough and now 6s are your thing. Get out while you can"

And then you do this to me.

18. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    jebus, HOW many times have i said "okay... i'm good. pedalboard, set. basses, set. peripherals, set. hey..... what's THAT?"

damn you G.A.S.

damn you.

thanks Stampy! thanks Lousy!

-0behn desu0-

19. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Nice bass bro, love the color!

20. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008