1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New guy from Chicago

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by rummy, Apr 17, 2006.

1. rummy

rummy

Apr 17, 2006
    Lombard, IL
    Hi, I've been reading on your forum for sometime, and I decided to join today. I'm a total beginner, (with some string experience,) so I hope to learn from this site. This is my 3 day old bass, and I already have two blisteres to show for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't even have an amp yet. I'm running the bass into the Guitar PODxt, then into my 2X12 Carvin all tube combo. It gets me by. Blasphemy, right?

2. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Welcome to TB!

Nice wall...

3. high mileage

high mileage

Apr 17, 2006
    Rockford IL
    Howdy, neighbor. :) Cool paint job on the wall!

Bass is one of those things where it's easy enough to get started so it's inspiring to be able to do something with it fairly easily. However it's also one of those things where you get out of it what you put into it. Listen to the best players out there, put the time in with practicing and you'll get there!

4. rummy

rummy

Apr 17, 2006
    Lombard, IL
    Thanks. It's inspired by

[​IMG]

Anyways, thanks for the welcome. I see what you mean about putting time into it. I've been checking out some videos online, and it's shocking what you can do on a bass. Billy Sheehan is the reason why I wanted to start, so I listen to his stuff a lot.

Did you know? He was here last Thursday. I went to see him. May 30th, I think, Paul Gilbert and Billy SHeehan are coming back to Durty Nellies.