1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New guy from Sugar Land

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by AaronPowell, May 3, 2006.

1. AaronPowell

AaronPowell

May 3, 2006
    DFW
    Hey, my name is Aaron Powell, and I'm a senior at Stephen F. Austin high school in Sugar Land (houston) TX.

Musical Background:

I started piano at 6, and played until I was 15 and got sick of it. A few months ago, I've fallen in love with again, and have started back up where I left off.

In 6th grade I started trumpet, sucked, and switched to french horn a few months later. French horn is now my main instrument, and a few months ago I got my new Conn 8DRS and love it a lot.

I've played upright bass in the school orchestra for about 5 1/2 years, made the Texas all-state orchestra 3/4 times in high school (totally regret botching the one audition :( ). In a couple of days I'm getting my new Solano bass, I can't wait.

A couple of years ago I started electric on the cheapest thing ebay had, and when that broke, I went out and got a new fender jazz. I don't really do any serious electric playing, it's more of when I feel like messing around and having some fun. Heck, I don't even have an amp yet(I play through my little bro's crappy guitar starter amp, haha). What I do enjoy doing with electric that I've just started, is recording multiple tracks of myself to play different piano songs. I guess you could check that out if you want at: http://www.myspace.com/aaronpowellmusic

As far as college goes, I plan on attending the University of North Texas next year majoring in music education with a horn concentration. I'm too sure how playing 2 instruments in college is gonna work out for me, but I'm gonna do whatever I can to make it work. God knows I've had trouble enough doing both throughout high school.

I also play a mean ultimate frisbee.