New L-2000 ordered.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Yesterday I went to the G and L dealer near me and I ordered a new L-2000. Its Honey with an ash body and a maple neck with gun oil tint. I'm so excited :hyper: about it I feel great that I finally did order it:smug: . It should come in in March sometime because G&L custom orders take about 6 - 12 weeks:bawl: . For a couple of weeks I was sure I wanted and L-2000 but I wasn't too sure :confused: of the finish I wanted. As soon as it arrives I'll be posting pictures. I'm definitly going to change the strings as soon as it arrives. Just a set of D'Addarios for now.
  2. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Hey, congrats! I've been thinking of ordering one myself. I played one for the first time a couple of months ago, and loved it. Trouble is, I played an L-1500 last Saturday, and discovered a raging, growly beast! So I might prefer that, but I've read about noisy preamps and a brutally harsh high end in active mode, which of course leads back to the L2k. Looking forward to the pics.
  3. jgrotto

Nov 29, 2005
    Hot damn. I just got an L2000 a few mos. ago. Love it. I want another 3. Congrats!
  4. loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    I love my ASAT (L2K guts in a Tele body) & I'm sure you'll love your new bass. Good call on the strings - the stock SIT's suck IMHO.

Thse p/u's are H-O-T!!! But you're gonna love it....
  5. Congrats!

Looking forward to seeing some pix...

Did you get it with or without dots on the fretboard?

6. I didn't specify, so I guess with. Better with out maybe?
  7. Awesome work, looking forward to seeing it!
  8. I love the way they look without, but that's just me and my dream G&L.
  9. The shop I work at got one just like that last week, it is a great looking combination. Good choice!
  10. Thanks. Could you post any pictures of it. That would be fantastic.
  11. Props! Some day I'll get a custom L2500 to join my L2000.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I wonder if ours will come in together?.
  13. flash99

Jun 8, 2005
    New York City
    Your orders got placed one day apart so it's possible, depending on their production schedule.
  14. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Sounds killer...I would love another one.

I'm thinking I'll get an SB-1 next.

If you get another i Highly recommend for a new G&L.

16. That would be really cool. I'd like to be there when the truck rolls up Orchard St. I hope its warm and sunny too.:cool:

Sounds Good ! :hyper:
  18. PeppermanL2K

PeppermanL2K ...and on the 8th day, God created the Habanero.

Feb 3, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    Hopefully, I'll be ordering a new L-1505 as soon as I get my Rick sold. I've heard all the concerns about the high end boost and such, but that's what eq's are for! :D