new member getting into bass

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Soundexplorer, May 3, 2021.

1. Soundexplorer

Soundexplorer

May 2, 2021
    Hi everyone,

Excited to be here. I considered myself as a guitar player for about 20 years and never really considered other instruments until a few weeks ago. I have owned a Corbin Precision Bass for about 12 years but barely used it (shame on me!).

I record music in Reaper and I recently just obtained a few really great VST plugins (one is a grand piano, and another is a great bass amp simulation (which has a lot of flexibility and options). These two new plugins have changed everything I thought about making music almost immediately. For years I struggled with guitar to make my own music and spent way too much time trying to copy other guitarists music note for note. As it served as a good discipline of practice, it did not help me to understand how to start making music of my own.

However, as soon as I got this piano involved, it immediately began to open doors for me, musically speaking. And I use the piano as my basis to build upon with other instruments including the bass. I am unschooled, but I really enjoy jazz music. I have been cranking out ideas almost everyday because stuff is happening now for me more than ever before and I am excited everyday to go into my studio to see what happens. So much fun!

I would like to share a new track with all of you, as an introduction to who I am and what I am doing. This is titled "Waves on Moonlight" and I recorded this yesterday.

Thank you everyone and again, very happy to be here.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022