1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Preamp in a Jag??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Renard, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Renard

Renard

Dec 11, 2008
    MA
    Hello all!

I love my jag, but really don't find much use for the active circuit. It certainly can get the job done, but I feel like a better pre-amp might improve things.

I'm wondering if anyone has done this mod, what preamp they might have used, and what sort of space considerations there are in the replacement? I don't have much experience with preamps OR modding basses, so any comments would be very helpful!

If anyone has done any other mods to their mass, pickups especially, I'd love to hear about it as well!

Thanks

2. broadblik

broadblik

Aug 10, 2008
    Sheffield, UK
    I'm not sure where you would get a pre with the slidy things...

3. You could try the Marcus Miller pre amp. but it may be similar to what is already in there. Anyone know? I have thought about that myself, hmmmmmm:ninja: Don't know what the Audere and Aguilar and other offerings would be like, but I'm sure there are those that have installed them in their Jazzes. Their results would give a fair idea. These Jag's are very similar IMO.

4. jamesie

jamesie

Jan 11, 2009
    i have gotten the delano sonar 2 preamp and delano jc4 he/m2 pickups for my jag - hopfully next week we (me and my tech) find the time to built in