1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

new rickenbacker 4003s bass has mute issues, need some help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by William81, Oct 7, 2020.

1. William81

William81

Sep 23, 2020
    I just got my brand new rickenbacker 4003s today. Everything is perfect except for the mutes. The only strings that get muted are the A and D string, it does not even touch the others. Is this a common problem? How is it fixed? do you think a guitar repair store would be able to fix this?

2. WillyWonka

WillyWonka I "heart" pointy headstocks Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I had to take my bridge apart and cut the pad smaller to fit the cavity better, AND re-bend the metal hoodad.

Jeff Scott and William81 like this.
  3. William81

William81

Sep 23, 2020
    oh man that sounds like it would be expensive! i would do it myself but i really dont want to mess things up. I will definitly tell that to the guitar tech. Does it take a long time to take it apart?

4. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006

Yep. Very simple DIY thing.

5. Dalewyatt

Dalewyatt

Nov 7, 2017
    Newfoundland
    My 4003w is the same way..

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 20, 2021